Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A year without a Santa Claus...


I haven't the way to say this.. 
On December 18th 2013 my father lost his battle with cancer..
He was the greatest man I ever knew. 
He was the man who I measured all men next to..
I remember the long car rides listening to the music of Johnny Cash 
& Freddy Fender..
He was a master fisherman & the teller of jokes..
He loved us all beyond measure.. 
He walked me down the isle 
on my wedding day.. 
Even got to meet our first born son, David John.
David was the apple of his grandpa's eye..

I took the following picture yesterday morning.. 
We were on our way to the church, 
to go see dad one last time.. 
I was trying to catch the sun dogs-the rainbow on the right side of the sun-
Later, much later after we laid dad to rest.. 
I looked at my phone to see that there was a face, 
dad's face in the clouds 
I know he is watching over us all.. 

Merry Christmas to you!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Laura Ann. But as you all talk about him, and tell his stories, and laugh at his jokes, he'll be right there with you. And know that it's a blessing that he's out of his pain. Take care, and hug everyone just a little tighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to read about your Dad, Laura Ann. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your loss. I cannot begin to imagine life without my dad. Nor do I want to. I am wishing you and your loved ones love and light and every good thing for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we too lost our santa on dec 4 of this year…always hard to say goodbye to someone who was sooo much part of our happiness…what I have come to know, is I feel him closer to me now than ever before…bless you sweet

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave me a Message.. I would love to hear from you!!